28 August, 2008

Imagination...

I just realised that I hadn't blogged and I should be heading to bed, so sorry it is going to be a short one.

Today I have had the opportunity to think about imagination.

A couple of quotes from Einstein:
"if you can't imagine it, you can't do it"
"imagination is more important than knowledge"

Today I was asked to imagine that I could begin a missional community anywhere and with anyone.
It was an interesting exercise. I was also able to talk it out with a few people and expand upon my imaginings.

I wonder if you were to imagine a missional community that you could begin what it would look like?
How much connection does it have to your current faith community?
If the answer is not much, then the follow up question has to be what are you going to do about it?

I wonder if you were to imagine the kingdom of God here on earth, what would it look like?
How much connection does it have to the situation here on earth now?
If the answer is not much, then the follow up question has to be what are you going to do about it?

I would love to hear your thoughts and imaginings.

Liam

No comments: