22 October, 2008

Let me introduce myself...

Greetings!

As Danielle mentioned, I'll be joining in on the conversation here. I'm excited to share what I can with you from a North American perspective. I am currently living and serving in the Washington, DC area, but I was born in Toronto and have lived in a few places within the United States. Along with my wife, I am an officer currently serving at the USA National Headquarters. I love Jesus with all my being and desperately want to see his kingdom reign here on planet earth.

Having said all that, I want to assure you that I am no expert in the field of justice - social or otherwise. I simply know that there's not enough of it going around these days. More ought to be done for the least and the lost. To sit back and watch the world spin out of control is out of the question for believers. I don't believe that we should be waiting for the government to lead the charge, the church needs to be out front rallying the troops to action.

Throughout my posts here, my prayer is that you'll hear my heart's cry for those that need us. That cry can be summed up in Lamentations 2:19:

Arise, cry out in the night,
as the watches of the night begin;
pour out your heart like water
in the presence of the Lord.
Lift up your hands to him
for the lives of your children,
who faint from hunger
at every street corner.


~ Rob

1 comment:

JUSTsalvos said...

Welcome Rob! Great to have you join the excellent team of justsalvo bloggers!
Gen