06 November, 2008
Democratic Republic of Congo
With all the hype about the US Elections it is easy to skip over the realities facing the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Please take some time to read over and pray for them with this dispatch from Commissioners Mungates on the front lines:
posted by Danielle
Thank you for the double assurance of prayerful support. The DRC needs
that every minute.
Please, pray for:
1. Laurent Nkunda to respect human life and stop waging war against
innocence women and children
2. Pray that Rwanda should stop sponsoring and supporting an unjust war
3. Pray that the voice of the Church leaders be heard and listened to by
the rebels, Rwandese, Ugandans and Congolese armies
4. Pray for the Salvationists in the villages and corps that are caught
up between cross fires
5. Pray for our Corps Officers that are counselling and comforting
6. Pray for the many women and children starving for food since they
left their homes and long disturbed from subsistence farming
We are in the rainy season and people just sleep in the open with their few
belongings and children as you might have seen on the news.
Thank you for your love and support. We are over 2,000kms away from Goma
but in touch with our officers everyday. 80% of the stone the world needs
for the mobile phone is found in Goma including other precious minerals
hunted for by many powerful countries of the world. That is why the DRC is
in trouble. A blessing has become a curse for the country.
The Lord bless you.
Yours truly in Christ
Stuart & Hope