13 July, 2010

Whose land is it anyway??

So much feedback came through after the show on racism. But one of the things that got me thinking was this comment;
"I just want it to look like Australia"
And let me ask you, Australia...What do you look like?

Are we colonial England offspring?
Are we indigenous?
Are we multi-cultural?
Are we secular?
Are we confused?
Are we nothing?

What on earth does Australia look like? And what are we trying to hold on to? And is it even ours to hold??

I want to maintain the principles and values of our country...hard-working, easy-going, diverse, friendly, fair. But does that mean I need to keep Australia white?

Join us for further debate and discussion via the justsalvos facebook page, or via blog comments, or via the chat function during the show this Monday night, 6.30pm EST at:
http://salvationarmy.org.au/sstv/

peace,
gen

No comments: