16 August, 2012
Join us to celebrate this year’s United Nations World Humanitarian Day
Join us to celebrate this year’s United Nations World Humanitarian Day with a public forum to discuss Australia’s contribution to humanitarian efforts worldwide and pay tribute to Australian aid workers. The forum is held in partnership with AusAID, UNHCR, Oxfam Australia, Australian Red Cross, RedR and Humanitarian Crisis Hub.
Please extend this invitation to your colleagues, friends and networks.
World Humanitarian Day is a celebration of people helping people. It encourages us to reflect on our own lives and what more we as individuals, communities and governments can do to help those enduring conflict, disaster and hardship.
Guest speakers include:
• Peter Baxter, Director-General, AusAID
• Richard Towle, Regional Representative, UNHCR, Regional Office for Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and the Pacific
• Meg Quartermaine, Humanitarian Operations Manager, Oxfam Australia
• Bob Handby, Water and Sanitation Manager, Australian Red Cross
• Alan McLean, CEO, RedR Australia
• Beth Eggleston, Humanitarian Advocacy Coordinator, Oxfam Australia
Date: Wednesday 22 August
Time: 5.30pm to 7.30pm
Venue: BMW Edge, Federation Square Melbourne
Free event. RSVP Essential.